Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week1 day 3 Reps Squats

Opps, i dun goofed. Yesterday i had mentioned today was going to be my rest day. I was mistaken and for some reason i totally blanked out and forgot thursdays are my squat days.

I often get asked what's my secret for being to squat 500+ in the 165 raw and 181 raw weight class. It's simple actually and it really is no secret. The way to get a strong squat is by....get ready for it...SQUAT. Just squat with straight weight and don't over complicate it by doing stuff you don't understand such as band training, chains, SSB, box squatting, etc,. Now, everything I just mentioned has its place and can be used to increase your squat but remember it's just a tool and just like every tool out there you have to know how to properly use it to benefit out of it. With that said, if you have to ask me how to get to a 500+ raw squat then chance are you shouldn't be using what was listed and should simply focus on squatting with straight weight and squat deep.

Enough of all that bologna. Now lets move on to todays training - Rep day.

Squat
2x10@135 - First set was done at low bar/2nd set switched up to high bar
1x8@225 high bar/no belt
1x8@315 high bar w/belt
1x8@425 high bar - speed was great up until the 7th rep where i slowed down and 8th rep where formed broke and grounded it out.

Front Squat
The best accessory for squatting is by squatting more
2x10@135
1x8@225
2x3@315

Oly squats
More squats for accessory work
1x50@135 Originally i was planning on doing 100 but had to stop at the 50th rep since i was about to pee myself. Note to self: dont hold your pee and think youd be done with your set first. BAD IDEA

Dumbell Lunges
Im starting to incorporate DB work in my training and experimenting to see if it'll help me reach my goal.
12,10,8@45

Cable pull downs(abs)
5 sets with varying weight and switching from a closed stance to a wide stance.

I was done. I packed up my stuff and was making my way to the locker room when half way there it hit me. It hit me that i'm not really done. I cant have a succesful squat day with out hitting hammies. so off i go back to the weight room.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
These were todays choice for hamstrings
3x10@ 135
I kept the way really low to work on getting the blood flowing and a pump while keeping each rep as strict as possible.

Now I was done.

So there it is. All laid out how my squat days usually go. It doesnt matter if its a DE, ME or Rep day. The concept stays the same but the weights and reps changed.

Note: I don't know what caused it or what i did(probably because i didnt stretch) but as i squatted on with my workset i had some pain in my groin area that caused me not to go as deep as i wanted to. I'm not exactly pleased with it but at the same time i'm not disappointed. I would still say todays training was a success but for future squatting i will make sure to go as deep as possible on each rep. No excuses.

Note 2: Gluta-tren was taken last night prior to sleeping which i felt aided in recovery from yesterdays bench. No soreness at all and was feeling good all day. Peak400 was taken at arrival of gym.

Another fucking note: choice of song was AC/DC - Highway to Hell

1 comment: