Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 2 Day 3 Heavy Squat

A hot date under the bar for some unfinished business.
After last weeks squat training i was left a bit disappointed since finding out my squats were a tad too high for my liking. Since friday of last week i've been anxious to get back under the bar for my next squat day to fix what i didn't like in my squat - depth! This time i made sure i had nothing to get between me and mrs. depth. I made sure to lower the safety pins lower than what i had them previously and do some light stretching before warming up for squats. With this strategy I was able to make depth my bitch which resulted in a squat victory.

Today training - Heavy Squats.

Squat w/knee sleeves (using low bar)
I know i said i'll be doing high bar squatting during the beggining of this training cycle but I forgot to mention that heavy day are always set for Low bar.
2x5@bar
1x5@135
1x5@225
1x3@315
1x2@405
5x2@455
1x1@495
Making sure all squats were past parallel. It seems that the depth was getting lower and lower after each set. This is a plus for me. I should note that since this was a heavy day rest periods between sets were 3-5 minutes


http://youtu.be/FXiOIP0aAHA

Leg Press
1x15@3 plates each side
1x15@4 plates each side
1x10@5 plates each side

Good Mornings (close stance)
2x10@135
1x8@185

Since time was scarce today I had to cut my training a bit short by eliminating 2 accessory work outs. This isn't too much of a big deal to me since i did the most important parts of todays training.
Accessory work wasn't done with much weight since im planning on increasing the weight each week as the training goes.

What made this a great squat day was that i had a double double from in-n-out 5-10 minutes before working out and a delicious steak with a side of potatoes right after training for dinner. Hehe, i'm such a fatty...


but i'm a strong fatty.

Note: I took peak 400 right after my first warm up set of squatting. Gluta-tren to be taken as recovery before bed.

Note 2: Song of choice was Dilated Peoples - Back again


No comments:

Post a Comment