Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 3 Day 2 Heavy Bench

99 problems but a bench ain't one.  Seriously! 

With only 3 hours of sleep and trying to function from t hat was plenty hard today. Not one minute passed with out my mind wandering off to la-la land and thinking about sleeping. It's actually quite amazing how i got through the day and performed well at work given the circumstances. As i was exhausted I was dreading training today and was even thinking of postponing it for tomorrow but then quickly realized that wont work since i'm set to squat thursday. Oh wells, on to training it was then. The second i stepped foot into the gym and took my pre-work out (peak 400) my mind set changed and felt rejuvenated filled with vast amounts of energy. I felt like training and destroying the weight. I was set to bench heavy today and bench *heavy i did(i put an asterisk since heavy is defined by the percentage i used of my max).
The initial plan was to board press but since i got there a bit too early and my new training partners, Travis and Conrad, weren't there to help me with the boards, un-racking some heavy ass weight, I wasnt really comfortable with getting some randoms from the gym to help i decided to skip it today and substitute it with regular bench.

ME bench aka heavy bench day. The main focus was to pause all reps and get 3 minutes max rest. 

Bench Press
1x15@bar
1x6@135
1x6@185
1x6@225
5x2@285 Speed was great and even better than what i would expect for a heavy day.

Floor Press 
Rigged up a set up so I can floor press. The platform is raised by about 4" so I stacked plates on the floor to raise where I will be laying down. Pins are turned inward to allow to be placed at a lower setting since the pins are a weird design. Red mat places on top of the plates so I can be comfortable. 
Just my luck. After setting up for floor pressing Travins and Conrad show up. It was also their ME day so we all floor pressed. Although their rep scheme was a bit different than mine, it didn't matter. 
1x15@bar paused
2x8@135 paused
1x8@185 paused
1x3@225 paused
1x3@245 paused
1x1@275 touch and go. tried going for a double but no budge
3x3@245 paused

Dumbbell Bench press (Neutral grip)
First time using a neutral grip but i think i did fairly well
1x8@60
2x8@50 Unhappy with the first set I dropped the weight to 50 lbs and worked on form 
Perfomed this exercise with Travis and Conrad so they coached me on this. 

Lat pull downs
1x12@140
1x12@130

JM press
2x20@95
1x8@115
i prayed to baby jesus afterward to ease the soreness that i'll be getting from these. 

Seated Dumbbell Press
30 second rest between each set was a bit much for me but i still did it. Definitely need to work on endurance lol
1x12@35
1x12@45
1x10@55 missed 11th rep and shoulders were pumped like whoaski!

Rear delts (seated and leaning forward) - like i've said in the past. These are a staple and i try to do them on bench days 
3x10@25

A much needed training session to get me up to speed and WAKE me up. I had so much energy through out the session it almost felt as if i was on crack. Not that i've ever done it, just a metaphor.

Note: Took peak 400 at arrival of gym. Like always gluta-tren before bed. Gluta-tren seems to be aiding in recovery alot. 

Note 2: song of choice was evanescence - bring me to life 

No comments:

Post a Comment