Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week 6 Day 1 Repetition Deadlift Day

RECONSTRUCTING THE DEADLIFT

Transitioning from single ply to Raw has probably been the hardest thing to do for me. Worried that all my lifts will go down significantly my first goal was to match my single ply numbers before i concentrate on another aspect of my powerlifting venture. It took about 8 months to match and beat my single ply numbers as a raw lifter. As a matter of fact i surpassed them by tenfold. NOW that that's out of the way the next thing is to work on technique. Doing this will take me 1 step back but once it's all said and done i'll be ahead by 2 steps or more. "1 step back, 2 steps forward". Last week I started with bench and squat and had no problem, in fact tweaking my technique on them made a world of a difference by making weight that would usually feel heavy feel light. Today, not so much on my deadlift. Tweaking my deadlift technique was a different story. What did i do different? I brought in my sumo stance by about 2 inches.  While it did improve leverages, it did make setting up hard as fuck causing me to have a bit difficulty pulling off of the floor the first inch or two. With the help of my friend Dean we came up that the shims of my leg are too close to the bar and slightly stepping back by 1/2" as well as "bringing down my lats" helped a bunch and made deadlifting much easier. Reconstructing the deadlift is probably going to be the hardest thing i'll be doing these next few weeks since my numbers will plummet but once i get used to the motion of setting up properly i should be (at my previous DL numbers) surpassing previous DL numbers.

Deadlift (sumo)
2x10@135
1x10@225
2x8@315
1x6@405
4x2@405 - lowered rep count to focus more on setting up instead of repping out

Some sort of Standing hip thrust using bands
4 sets

Pull ups
5 sets

Good morning w/ cambered bar
4x10

Dumbbell rows
4x12

I definitely have the strength to pull some big numbers but working on technique has brought down my deadlift for the time being. Once i get it all sorted out i'll be at a much happier place with my deadlift. :)

Gluta-tren and peak 400 taken 10 minutes before training. good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment